Company: True North Mortgage
Position Title: Mortgage Agent
Years of Experience: 2
Required Licenses: Yes
Locations of Position: Vancouver, Halifax, Montreal and Calgary
True North Mortgage is looking for Mortgage Agents in their NEW Vancouver, Halifax, Montreal and Calgary downtown locations.
To offer Canada wide mortgages at best rates with friendly, informative and rapid service.
Our locations enable clients to interact with our agents face to face.
- willingness to work downtown during regular business hours;
- answer the phone in a courteous manner;
- work independently to solve problems;
- work as a team member with other mortgage agents;
- have a strong knowledge base in general computer tasks/programs;
- keep office, desk and supplies tidy.
Considered a strong asset (must be willing to learn if not already capable):
- manage mortgage applications via internet, phone and face to face;
- determine the needs of prospective clients;
- submit a completed mortgage application to the appropriate lender;
- ensure all conditions are met and complete the file.
The successful candidate will not be responsible for generating any sales leads, however sales experience will be considered a strong asset.
The position will pay a base salary with a bonus for each completed file in the store. The base will be between $42,000 to $49,000 depending on experience. The bonus will add another $8,000 to $20,000 per year. (Includes benefits.)
- strong administrative skills;
- licensing required or willingness to complete;
- two year’s experience in the Mortgage industry;
- banking experience preferred;
- able to administer over $3,000,000/month in mortgage business preferred.
The successful candidate must be friendly, reliable, intelligent and professional. We thank you for your application, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
All applicants please email and forward your resume to email@example.com or phone 877-301-6699
If you’re still unsure about how the government’s new mortgage rules will affect you, the Alberta Mortgage Brokers Association (AMBA) is hosting a live chat on the topic.
It takes place Wednesday, February 9, 2011 at 9:00 p.m. ET (7:00 p.m. MT / 6:00 p.m. PT).
Here’s the link to sign up: Mortgage Rules Webinar
You can ask a question when you register or participate in the live chat.
The session will be hosted by Todd Fralic (past AMBA president). It’s geared to both consumers and industry folks alike.
Based on the turnout of AMBA’s last webinar, there should be hundreds in attendance from across the country.
Company: VERICO Primex Mortgages Inc.
Position Title: Sub-Mortgage Brokers
Years of Experience Required: 2 years plus
Are licenses or registrations required?: Yes
Location of Position: Maple Ridge / Tri-Cities, B.C.
How should candidates contact you?: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our growing and expanding mortgage brokerage is now hiring experienced Sub Mortgage Brokers. Ideally applicants will have at least 2 years experience and an established network and volume. We are looking for skilled individuals with a proven track record who are highly motivated and success driven. We are part of Canada’s leading mortgage broker network and have all the tools and assistance you need to ensure your success. Opportunities currently available to be in-house mortgage broker for busy real estate office that will provide you ample opportunity to add to your existing volume and increase your business.
By joining our team, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Top tier industry splits
- Volume bonuses
- No monthly fees
- Status levels with lenders offering rate discounts and rewards programs
- Dedicated underwriters
- State of the art technology providing you all the marketing tools you will need to grow your business
- Personal websites at no cost to you
- CRM at no cost to you
- Ongoing Broker support, regular training classes and bi-weekly meetings
- Highly driven and self motivated
- Comfortable and willing to present to groups
- Strong people and interpersonal skills
- Industry knowledge with insurers and lenders
- Current registration as Sub Mortgage Broker in BC
If you are interested in taking your business to the next level, please reply to this posting with your resume and cover letter.
All applications will be kept 100% confidential, thank you for your interest in this opening, only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Last week, First National rolled out a 3.79% 5-year fixed offer called “Option 60.”
It’s a fairly decent rate for a nationally-available full-featured mortgage that includes a:
- 60-day rate hold [Most competing full-featured mortgages at this rate have only a 30- or 45-day hold.]
Check out how the yield on one-year overnight index swaps (OIS) has fallen out of bed over the last 11 days: click here for chart
The 1-year OIS trades in a multi-billion marketplace. Traders use it to bet on what the Bank of Canada’s key lending rate will average over the next 12 months.
Just over a week ago, the market was pricing in a “100%” chance of a rate hike by the BoC’s July 19 meeting.
In less than seven weeks, 35-year amortizations will disappear on high-ratio insured mortgages. At the same time, the limit on insured refinances will drop to 85% loan-to-value (from 90%).¹
Borrowers have no later than Thursday, March 17 to arrange a signed lender approval under today’s mortgage insurance guidelines.
This affects people that might want:
- A 35-year amortization to boost their monthly cash flow or augment their purchasing power; or…
- A 90% LTV refinance to consolidate high-interest debt, pay for renovations or education, buy investments or fund a rental property down payment
The coming deadline will cause thousands of people to hasten their mortgage plans. Thus far, we’ve heard multiple lenders reporting above-normal mortgage volumes. These elevated volumes will likely continue for the next seven weeks, culminating in an especially busy stretch from March 14-17.
At last count, the average consumer had $25,163 of non-mortgage household debt.¹
The average household carried an additional $74,667 in mortgage debt.²
Revolving credit has been a primary driver in overall indebtedness levels, jumping 17.5% year-over-year (as of the most recent figures from TransUnion).
The government’s new mortgage rules are “credit positive for Canada’s banking system,” says ratings agency, Moody’s.
The banks wouldn’t have campaigned for these rules if they weren’t credit positive.
TD polled 1,001 Canadians in December and found that:
- 83% would like the ability to lower their monthly payments during an unexpected life or work event
- 75% would like the ability to skip a payment during an unexpected financial shortfall
- 65% would like the ability to postpone payments during a planned care leave or extended holiday
Other things being equal, it’s interesting these percentages aren’t higher. Payment flexibility can be a big stress reliever when you need it.
With this in mind, TD has announced a set of new payment options. Customers who qualify can now:
Company: Canadian First Financial Centres
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Years of Experience: N/A
Required Licenses: N/A
Location of Position: Toronto, ON
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Canadian First Financial Centres is looking for a full-time Business Development Manager to work in Toronto, Ontario.
Purpose of Job
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the VP of Marketing and Business Development with relationship management of and lead generation by CFFC Broker Owners and associated mortgage agents to Canadian First Financial Centres Network of Financial Centres and their Financial Advisors. In addition, the incumbent will play a key role in ongoing branch expansion initiatives for Canadian First Financial Centres.
- Will meet with and establish ongoing and strong business relationships with Canadian First Financial Centres Mortgage Broker Owners and mortgage agents through the delivery and communication of the CFFC value proposition, its products, marketing programs and technology – resulting in lead transfer from the Canadian First Financial Centres Broker Owner to the CFFC’s Financial Advisor.
- While reporting directly to the VP of Marketing and Business Development, the incumbent will also work closely with the Financial Advisor’s development team to ensure leads generated take place in a “warm hand-off “ environment wherever possible.
- Will assist in communicating marketing programs, collateral material usage, etc. to the network designed to generate leads.
- Will be a key contact in the field, providing communications and delivery of marketing programs to the field as well as delivery of feedback from the field to head office, with regard to those programs and initiatives generated by head office.
- Will conduct presentations to CFF Centres Broker Owners and their agents to reinforce the CFFC value proposition and increase lead volumes to the CFFC Financial Advisors from their respective branches.
- May assist the VP of Marketing and Business Development in preparation of marketing/sales packages for our network.
- Will be responsible for maintaining day-to-day activities under the supervision of the VP of Marketing and Business Development.
- A sound knowledge of and experience with the residential mortgage market and the originator channel, the residential lending industry, along with an understanding of mortgage lending policies and procedures.
- Good sales and service skills and a demonstrated track record in these areas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment.
- Good understanding of retail products and services.
- Strong computer skills.
Canadian First Financial Centres is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your resume and salary requirements by email to email@example.com for confidential consideration.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.