Equity Transfer & Trust currently provides transfer agent and corporate trust services to approximately 500 exchange listed clients from offices across Canada. It also plans to offer residential mortgages and consumer deposits from its Toronto office. The company’s parent, Grey Horse Corporation, is a TSX listed company which controls three other wholly-owned subsidiaries providing foreign exchange, limited market dealer financing and corporate filing services.
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Equity Transfer & Trust is looking for an Assistant Vice President, Mortgage Underwriting who is a self-motivated, active leader and has a solid background in Alt “A” and “B” residential mortgage business. The ideal candidate will be well known in mortgage broker circles and have a solid understanding of real estate markets. The AVP will build and manage an underwriting team and be responsible for the execution of strategies, productivity and efficiency to meet company targets. This person will also play a pivotal role in the future development of Equity Transfer & Trust Company, as it diversifies its product offerings and offers Mortgage and Deposit products.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Build, develop and lead the underwriting team.
• Partnered with the President, develop and implement a strategic and operational plan that ensures business development, efficiency and overall productivity that result in meeting business targets.
• Manage the overall relationship with Mortgage Brokers to guarantee a customer focused environment, including quick turnaround, proper escalation and accurate risk assessments.
• Lead by example to cultivate a team environment
• Manage a team and handle all management related issues including performance evaluations, salary recommendations and distributions of workload. Responsible for training and ongoing development of the staff.
• Along with the President, responsible for developing policies and procedures that govern the credit and administrative process of the mortgage lending unit.
• Approve mortgage applications prior to commitments being issued by assessing risk and ensuring they follow company guidelines.
• Work with management on developing new products and marketing strategies.
• Participate in projects as required to assist in the building and development of the business.
• Communicate effectively with brokers in order to find a way to make deals work.
• A creative thinker that knows how to find new ways to solve problems.
• Must be comfortable underwriting and processing mortgage applications in a paperless environment.
• Has a desire to work and prosper in a growing and entrepreneurial environment.
• Excellent communicator that can produce accurate, clear communication both spoken and written.
• An effective and skilled negotiator.
• Ability to build and develop relationships.
• Able to set priorities and achieve results using efficient organizational and time management skills
• Skilled in managing people effectively; ability to delegate responsibility and answer for the bottom line.
• Effective working either independently or within a team environment.
• Must have a minimum 7 years in the mortgage lending business.
• Must have proven success assembling, motivating and empowering an effective underwriting team.
• Must have proven success communicating and dealing with mortgage brokers.
• Proven experience and understanding in “Alt A and Alt B” residential mortgage business.
• Solid experience reviewing residential mortgage appraisals and evaluating associated risk.
• Business Development experience in the residential mortgage industry is an asset.
• Past experience in both mortgage underwriting and mortgage administration.
• Working knowledge of Office XP, Filogix, Mor-Web, Omiga/Optimus Underwriting and Servicing Platforms is an asset.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Like news like this?
Join our CMT Updates list and get the latest news as it happens. Unsubscribe anytime.
Thank you for subscribing. One more step: Please confirm your subscription via the email sent to you.