Position Title: Product Manager – Mortgage, Deposits & Banking Products
Years of Experience Required: 7 to 10 years of relevant experience and related university degree, or 9 to 12 years experience and related college diploma
Licences or Registrations Required?: No, but AMP designation an asset
Location of Position: Toronto, Ontario
Applicants may apply online: https://b2bbank.com/careers/careers-at-b2b-bank.sn
Product Manager – Mortgage, Deposits & Banking Products
DEPARTMENT: Product Development & Management
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Product Development & Management
POSTING DATE: August 2012
B2B Bank is a Schedule I Canadian bank that serves a network of some 15,000 financial professionals
across key business verticals including: financial advisors and their dealerships; deposit and mortgage
brokers and their firms; mutual fund and insurance manufacturers; MFDA and IIROC members. We offer
high-quality products with competitive pricing and exceptional service across all lines of business including investment and RRSP loans, broker deposits, broker mortgages and self-directed and banking accounts. Growth and innovation have defined our company. And today, B2B Bank leads the way in providing integrated financial solutions to the Canadian business community.
The incumbent will work closely with the Senior Manager to set the strategic direction of the B2B Bank
product and service offering. The incumbent will also be responsible for the evaluation of the existing
product suite in terms of market potential, relevance, competitive differentiation, delivery channel and
alignment with B2B Bank market positioning goals.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager to develop the strategic and business objectives for product development, inclusive of the detailed logistical planning required to take a new product, service, feature or offer from concept to reality.
- Conduct analysis and evaluations of the existing product suite in terms of market potential, relevance, competitive differentiation, channel, financial contribution potential and alignment with B2B Bank market positioning goals.
- Research, analyze, plan, design, implement and execute the new product development cycle as well as post-launch program/product tracking.
- Assist in the development of marketing strategies that influence the profitability, sales volumes, and portfolio mix of the B2B Bank Business Line.
- Develop and direct marketing strategies in accordance with client preferences, local market trends and opportunities, national market tendencies, seasonal opportunities, competitors’ product line-up and promotional approaches, and information coming from internal and external contributors.
- Develop post-launch program/product tracking and manage success metrics including acquisition,
penetration, market share and profitability.
- Work with the Senior Manager to position the product line-up in accordance with merchandising and advertising plans and ensure that all products are available in all actual and future distribution channels.
- Build and manage relationships with external partners and organizations.
- Keep abreast of changes in regulations in order to ensure that the group’s procedures, projects and practices evolve accordingly.
- Work closely as part of a team focused on mortgage, deposits and banking products.
- University Degree in a related field and 4 to 6 years of relevant experience in product management and/or product development and design in the financial services industry.
- College Diploma in a related field and 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in product management and/or product development and design in the financial services industry.
- Knowledge of mortgage/HELOC products, mortgage market industry and mortgage industry regulations
- Knowledge of banking and deposit products, including GICs, savings and investment accounts and unsecured lines of credit.
- Experience in a business-to-business marketing role an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with market evaluations, financial analysis, business cases, product pricing, new product design and delivery, and management of a suite of product offers within a product development lifecycle context.
- An effective communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting established timelines.
- AMP designation an asset.
- Experience working for mortgage lenders required.
- Bilingual (English/French) written and verbal communication skills is an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal,
women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, sexual
orientation, creed, family status, national origin, age and gender.
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
No unsolicited Agency referrals please.
Please apply directly online: