The consumer affairs program found some bank reps who were not disclosing the pitfalls of collateral charges. That’s despite banks pledging to present collateral mortgages in language that’s “clear, simple and not misleading.”
Over seven years ago my wife and I started this site. We had no idea where it would go, or if anyone would even read it.
Fast forward 2,721 days, 2.6 million visitors and 10 million page views later, and here we are.
If you love what you do and people find value in it, you want to do it better. With that in mind, we’ve come to realize that it takes more than a three-person operation to build a truly robust news product.
A readvanceable mortgage has two segments:
- A regular mortgage
- A line of credit
As you pay down the mortgage portion, the lender increases the available credit in your line of credit by the same amount. That lets you “readvance” (re-borrow) the funds later, if needed.
Suppose, for example, that you paid off $1,000 of principal on your mortgage. With a readvanceable mortgage, the lender would let you borrow that $1,000 from your attached line of credit.
Examples of readvanceable mortgages include:
- National Bank’s All-in-One
- Manulife’s One
- Scotiabank’s STEP
- RBC’s Homeline
- BMO’s ReadiLine
- TD’s HELOC
- CIBC’s Home Power Plan
- And various credit union products
The most convenient readvanceable mortgages are those that automatically readvance credit, as opposed to some which make you re-apply each time you want an advance.
The stats are no joke:
- 43% of 55 year olds say they haven’t saved enough for retirement.
- 50% of Canadians believe they’ll run out of money within 10 years of retiring.
- 1 in 4 retirees bear the load of a mortgage.
- 51% of today’s borrowers expect to carry a mortgage into retirement.
Imagine the trauma of depleting your savings, being without full-time income, and still having a mortgage payment. For some, it’s a doomsday financial scenario.
Luckily, there is a straightforward New Year’s resolution that can help forestall this outcome:
From our CMT family to yours, have a wonderful memorable holiday with family and friends. The mortgage industry remains closed until Friday.
Hawkish means favouring higher interest rates.
The Bank of Canada typically gets hawkish if inflation threatens to exceed the Bank’s target.
Analysts took the BoC’s headline comment (“downside risks to inflation appear to be greater”) as a sign that rate hikes will be a 2015 story.
But, for now, there is one key indicator that trumps Canadian CPI inflation, and this is it:
Company: Mortgage Teacher Inc.
Position Title: Mortgage Agent/Broker
Years of experience suggested: Optional
Licences or Registrations Required: Completion of the Mortgage Agent or Broker course authorized
by FSCO, Financial Services Commission of Ontario
Location of Position: Southwestern Ontario
Applicants may contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (226) 289-2991
is power. The exchange of knowledge from teacher to student, empowers.
a Mortgage Teacher, is an experience where mortgage professionals thrive, share
and are nurtured. We deliver the most outstanding, complete and informative
financial guidance to families making the most important purchase of their
lives; their home.
doing so, we build profitable, exciting and enriching independent businesses of
our own that holds the bar higher than many existing brokerages, with a funding
ratio of higher than 90%.
looking for mortgage experts with the highest standards of excellence. If this
sounds like you, and are looking to find a way to “Stand out and be Found” ?..
join this exciting team – and create the future!
fresh, exciting & rewarding! Mortgage Teacher Inc. is changing the mortgage
industry forever through:
- EXCLUSIVE EDUCATIONAL AND CLIENT ENGAGEMENT TOOLS
- CUTTING EDGE MARKETING PROGRAMS
- Exceptional client service through your expertise, presence, efficiency,
flexibility and proactive approach to meeting needs
- Build relationships of trust with your clients by providing quality guidance
resulting in increased client satisfaction and business development
- Support clients and help them develop effective mortgage strategies adapted to
- Learn to use creative digital marketing and maximize value
using Search Engine Optimization, Social Media streams all combined with a
personal web page to not only keep your database engaged, but to make sure this
info is easily referable for your database to share.
- Attend interactive workshops that will give you the tools to
maximize your exposure and enhance levels of quality service
- Develop and maintain lasting business relationships with real estate agents and
other members of the mortgage industry, promoting services offered and
participating in a variety of business development and recognition activities
- Develop your skills and stay current on market developments by keeping up with
the latest trends in your area of expertise
- Apply established processes and produce high-quality files in compliance with
established standards and regulations in effect
- Establish and maintain effective communication with internal representatives in
the different phases of delivery
- Completion of the Mortgage Agent or Broker course
authorized by FSCO, Financial Services Commission of Ontario.
in sales and business development
- Knowledge of mortgage financing and consumer credit
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office & Apple platforms
- Effective organizational skills
- Self-directed and a team player
- Flexible and creative
- English (written and spoken)
Teacher sets the highest standards of excellence for all of our brokers
and agents and provides a compensation model to match:
- Industry first compensation models
- High volume bonus structures
position is entirely commission-based and does not come
with a base salary.
Company: CMLS Financial Ltd.
Position Title: Regional Manager, Business
Years of Experience Required: Strong background in
residential mortgage credit, with comprehensive knowledge of the mortgage
brokerage community in your region preferred
Licences or Registrations Required: Applicants must be duly
licensed as either a mortgage agent or mortgage broker prior to successfully
filling the role
Location of Position: Calgary, Alberta
Applicants may contact: email@example.com
Regional Manager, Business
Challenge – Inspiration – Growth
Founded in 1974, CMLS Financial is one of Canada’s largest, independently owned mortgage services companies with offices across the country including Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax. Some of Canada’s most prominent banks, investment managers, insurance companies, and pension funds rely on CMLS Financial for a variety of critically important mortgage services. In the past five years alone, our mortgage portfolio under administration has more than tripled. The company currently originates over $2 billion of commercial mortgages each year, roughly 8% of the Canadian market, and has a portfolio under administration exceeding $7 billion. As of 2013, CMLS Financial also offers a wide range of residential mortgages through our Residential Mortgage Division.
Our Commitment: We are proud to be Canada’s Mortgage Company. Building on our solid foundation of financial strength and industry experience, we deliver unparalleled solutions for all our customers. Our goal is to be the preferred choice for our commercial and residential borrowers. Our mortgage specialists are committed to always providing exceptional service and competitive solutions.
Our Opportunity for You: As a Regional Manager, Business Development, your aim will be to grow our residential division by aligning with a network of Alberta’s most knowledgeable and respected mortgage brokers in the region. Focused on a mortgage broker channel, your strength will be building and maintaining relationships (both internal and external), understanding residential lending products and adopting a Customer Forward approach to Service. You will take ownership of your territory’s volume objectives and make it happen, while maintaining deal quality and underwriting efficiency standards.
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Business Development
Location: Calgary, AB
Hiring salary: Competitive compensation package
Start date: Immediate
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial mortgage referral relationships with selected mortgage brokers in your region.
- Provide unparalleled sales support, product and underwriting training to all of your business partners.
- Take ownership of your territory’s volume objectives and make it happen while maintaining both deal quality and underwriting efficiency standards.
- Liaise with your colleagues in underwriting in resolving issues with business partners.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the mortgage brokerage community in your region preferred.
- Strong background in residential mortgage credit.
- A master in both sales and relationship management and development with a proven track record of success.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills, with ability to manage multiple demands under tight lines.
- Must be duly licensed as either a mortgage agent or mortgage broker.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Team work
If you are a motivated self-starter looking to grow with a dynamic company, CMLS Financial is the place for you. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where you will find a challenge and promising career with many development and growth opportunities. We offer a fantastic team-oriented culture and competitive compensation package.
How to Apply: If you would like to join this exciting and growing company, submit both a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Regional Manager, Business Development” in the subject line. We thank all applicants however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you