Please forward CV and salary expectation via email to:
Only successful candidates will be contacted
References will be contacted
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Director, Business Development is a sales professional responsible for developing and executing the vision, strategy and business plan to grow and retain our membership. This position oversees all efforts to recruit and sustain a diverse, active and engaged membership. This includes developing and executing appropriate delivery objectives and management plans as they relate to identifying, recruiting and retaining membership.
This role also provides oversight to the day-to-day operations of the Member Services department.
- Develop and execute programs and strategies to grow membership
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with corporate and community partners
- Enhance member engagement and promote our value proposition, including member benefits
- Maintain a strong ‘sales’ funnel/list of prospective new members, including timely maintenance of a prospect and existing membership database
- Prepare and present regular reporting to senior leadership on prospective members, at-risk members, upcoming renewals, etc.
- Develop and execute operational budgets and plans to meet department business objectives
- Network at mortgage industry and related events to increase membership
- Develop and maintain appropriate corporate sponsorship opportunities
- Provide Leadership-to-Direct Report(s) - manage direct reports to ensure required resources and skills are acquired, developed and maintained to achieve success; manage staff to a high-performing standard aligned to the organization’s core values, and manage the achievement of functional goals and objectives by providing performance feedback, coaching and direction
- Work with our Marketing and Communication departments to achieve desired results
Qualifications and Experience:
- Passionate sales professional with a proven growth track record
- Expertise in relationship management with high level of persuasion and negotiation skills
- Clear communication skills and ability to simplify processes
- Hands-on experience in a mortgage brokerage operation is preferred
- University degree preferred
- Working knowledge of French would be an asset