Equity Financial is a publicly traded Canadian financial services company serving the alternative residential mortgage market through its OSFI‐regulated wholly‐owned subsidiary Equity Financial Trust Company. At Equity, we strongly believe our success is based on one singular factor – our people.
Overview of Position:
Reporting to the Vice President, Sales & Marketing the Business Development Manager represents Equity Financial Trust to the mortgage broker community in Central Great Toronto Area. Primary responsibility is to retain and grow business with current EFT registered brokers/agents and develop and acquire net new business with brokers/agents not currently registered with EFT. The Business Development Manager will be accountable for annual achievement of a specific target set at the beginning of each fiscal year.
BDMs must possess a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Deliver and manage the “Optimal Broker Experience”
- Create awareness of EFT products by training and educating brokers/agents via group presentations as well as “one-on-one” sessions
- Identify unforeseen needs and opportunities and construct a plan to address them
- Utilize sales and marketing programs to differentiate Equity that add value to the broker relationship and drive business
- Negotiate with brokers to gain an annual commitment on volume
- Identify new/potential Brokers/Brokerages
- Perform relationship building activities in a professional manner encouraging open communication with respect to market trends and competitive intelligence
- Manage broker performance to committed volumes, funding ratios, and any other metrics as determined by EFT
- Create and implement innovative campaigns to drive business in a specified territory
- Communicate key information on a timely and regular basis to both existing and potential EFT brokers
- Attend industry events both association and mortgage brand specific
- Be EFT “Brand Ambassadors”
- Develop an annual strategic territory and account plan
- Manage monthly expenses prudently to assist in growth of the business
- Create a touch-point strategy to organize work week, appointments and presentations
- Follow up on leads in a timely manner, ensuring we capitalize on the opportunity to increase our customer base
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Minimum 5 years proven sales experience in the Broker Market or minimum of 2 years underwriting experience
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP, preferred) or courses to satisfy provincial regulatory requirements
- Results oriented – attention given to pipeline management and a focus on attaining a specific territory sales target
- Excellent listening skills
- Creative and innovative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to build meaningful and trusting relationships
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective negotiation skills and ability to manage objections
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web-Ex, etc
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Carries out duties with integrity and takes responsibility for actions.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage broker network and emerging industry trends
Resumes should be forwarded to [email protected]. While we thank everyone for their interest in Equity Financial Trust, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.