Senior Manager, Market Risk Assessment
Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), Licensing and Market Conduct Division, seeks a proven leader with financial services expertise to lead a team of professionals in the Market Risk Assessment Unit.
This Unit is responsible for responding to complex allegations and complaints of unfair business practices, fraud or negligence against financial service industries or intermediaries in all sectors regulated by FSCO.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Senior Manager, Market Risk Assessment, you will:
- Lead and manage a team that delivers a one-window response service for complex consumer and licensee inquiries, complaints and allegations of unfair business practices, fraud and negligence against financial institutions and intermediaries, businesses or individuals across all the sectors regulated by FSCO.
- Manage the identification of systemic market conduct issues and trends and the development of regulatory solutions and outcomes for complainants.
- Strategically manage the intake, analysis, risk assessment and resolution of inquiries or complaints and manage recommendations for regulatory action to ensure effective enforcement of FSCO’s legislative requirements.
How do I qualify?
- You have senior leadership experience in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated the ability to motivate, develop and mentor high-energy, diverse and professional staff.
- You are a strategic and innovative leader who seeks opportunities to develop staff and improve programs and systems.
- You have demonstrated political acuity and organizational awareness in managing complex issues.
Communication and Stakeholder Management
- You have experience establishing and maintaining credible relationships with senior management, clients, partners and stakeholders in order to deliver on priorities.
- You are a strong negotiator who can influence others to find business oriented and collaborative solutions for complex issues.
- You have a strong commitment to customer service excellence.
- You have knowledge and experience in compliance, risk management or dispute resolution in a client-centric operational environment within sectors such as insurance, credit unions, pensions, loan and trust corporations.
Location: 5160 Yonge St, Toronto
Salary range: $99,005 - $113,156 per year
Additional information: 1 Permanent
Please apply online, only, by Sunday, February 26, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=104926. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.