This position is responsible for managing and coaching the Western Canada Business Development Managers and in doing so, driving and optimizing Western Canada sales for the RMG brand for the RMG portion of the Single Family Residential business.
The Associate Director of Sales will be responsible for the sales planning and the overall activities relating to Sales of the RMG brand in Western Canada including formulating short and long-term business sales, marketing strategies and monitoring overall performance of the business development managers in Western Canada as they relate to their objectives.
The Associate Director of Sales will work with the VP of Sales to prepare, contribute to and execute the RMG Western Canada annual business plans, objectives and short and long term strategic plan in support of the achievement of MCAP’s Vision, Mission, Objectives and Values.
Planning & Performance
- In consultation with the VP, Sales develops and implements the strategic plan for the Western Canada Sales-RMG brand that reflects MCAP’s short and long-term objectives.
- Be accountable to an annual Performance Agreement that outlines, among other things but primary focus is on targets as they reflect Sales (both RMG A business and Eclipse business), Efficiencies (Funding Ratios), Expenses, Governance and Client Surveys.
- Manage the RMG Western Canada BDMs, including the achievement of approved annual business and sales plans and budgets (Expenses), development of annual business plans and budgets that conform to RMG’s share and long term Strategic Plan and the achievement of RMG strategic and operational sales initiatives in Western Canada.
- Review Western Canada BDM Weekly call reports and provide weekly coaching sessions with the BDMs to educate, train and seek opportunities to improve the overall results of RMG in Western Canada.
- Hold Western Canada BDMs accountable for their sales, expense budgets and efficiency targets on a continual and ongoing basis.
- In consultations with the VP, Sales, develop Western Canada marketing and sales strategies and coordinate effective and professional visibility for RMG in the broker market in order to grow market share, commitment levels, broker & borrower satisfaction and increase revenue.
- Work together as a team with Operations and Underwriting to ensure a strong working relationship to drive sales and efficiencies from the BDMs and broker clients.
- Review customers’ satisfaction, the competitive landscape and new products and services being offered in the Western Canada market and ensure that the value proposition and offering is competitive.
- Review and recommend to the VP of Sales, changes to policies and products in order to increase profitability and/or take advantage of market opportunities.
- Develop new business initiatives to grow the business and adapt to market changes and opportunities.
- Foster strong relationships and network throughout the industry by participating in community and industry programs.
- Host events/activities for Broker partners to build/improve working relationships and promote the RMG brand in Western Canada.
- Participate in regional industry events to promote RMG and increase brand awareness.
Sales and Senior Account Management
- Support initiatives, products and programs to successfully achieve expected targets and results.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders and influencers at RMG’s key national brokerage network accounts. Leverage these relationships to promote and influence the buying decision, negotiate the sale benefit the growth and development of additional business and obtain confidential information and reports that will assist RMG to develop an inside edge over our competitors.
- Manage a portfolio of brokers/brokerages taking full accountability for all sales and business development activities and needs.
Relationship Management – Retain, Grow, & Acquire
- Deliver and manage the “Optimal Broker Experience”
- Create awareness of RMG products with new Mortgage Brokers by:
- Presenting to small or large groups selling value proposition
- Position products and services
- Increase results with existing RMG Mortgage Brokers
- Identify unforeseen needs and opportunities and construct a plan to address
- Utilize sales and marketing programs to add additional value to the broker relationship
- Negotiate with brokers to gain a commitment on volume
- Assist in registration and creation of new RMG Broker/Brokerage profiles and creating a Mortgage Broker/Brokerage file for each account
- Identify new/potential Brokers/Brokerages on a frequent basis, contact potential new brokers and set up appointments to present RMG’s value proposition
- Inform and educate new brokers on products and programs
- Perform relationship building activities in a professional manner encouraging open communication with respect to market trends and competitive intelligence
- Hold brokers accountable to committed volumes, funding ratios, and any other metrics as determined by RMG.
- Develop and recommend to the VP, Sales a sales and BDM structure for RMG that will most effectively result in achievement of RMG’s Western Canada sales objectives and efficiency targets.
- Recruit and develop the right sales people (BDMs) in appropriate regions and as required, who will be suitable for RMG’s short and long term sales plans.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communication throughout the Sales team in Western Canada.
- College, University degree or business equivalent – MBA preferred but not required
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP)
- Mortgage Agent License
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience
- Minimum 10 years sales experience in a key account capacity
- Proven track record in sales and working with senior-level customers, prospects and co-workers
- Skilled at inspiring and bargaining/negotiating with others
- Resourceful, innovative and creative problem solver
- Possesses a high degree of knowledge about the mortgage brokerage industry and mortgage lending.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strong relationships with senior-level external customers, prospects and industry contacts
- Ability to think and plan strategically and execute plans tactically.
- Strong analytical skills including ability analyze data and create management reporting (using MS Excel)
- Ability to work effectively and successfully achieve results across a diverse range of projects, initiatives and areas of responsibility.
- Ability to work with, collaborate and influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Strong planning and management skills
- Results oriented. Proven ability to set and achieve targets
- Proven sales and sales management track record
- Ability to effectively lead a team, build consensus and motivate the team to achieve superior results
- Ability to lead, and also take direction
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- The Associate Director of Sales, RMG Western Canada will be required to manage an expense account using their personal credit/debit cards. Approved corporate expenses are reimbursed monthly after the VP, Sales has reviewed and signed off on them. Reimbursements are paid via EFT into a personal account.
- Own your own car. Business mileage reimbursements are done monthly by way of expense report.
- Home office required.
- Travel to Western Canada provinces includes British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
OVERVIEW OF MCAP
MCAP is an independent, Canadian based mortgage finance company with more than $15.4 billion of annual originations and $61 billion in assets under administration. MCAP provides mortgage products and services to a broad range of institutional investors and lenders for residential and commercial properties across Canada. Founded in 1981, MCAP has over 700 employees and originates, funds, trades, securitizes and services mortgages in offices across Canada.
MCAP is also a leader in Canadian construction and development lending with over 20 years in the business. Our teams of dedicated professionals serve a variety of developer, construction and investor clients across Canada.
Please note that in applying for a position with MCAP, applicants will be disclosing Personal Information about themselves and consent to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, transfer and/or processing by MCAP of this Personal Information for all purposes related or incidental to your employment application and MCAP's recruitment process.
MCAP provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested candidates may apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org