This is a unique opportunity to make a real and measurable contribution to the development of a growth-focused brand with extensive resources and experienced leadership.
This position is in Ottawa. A valid drivers license, considerable local travel and a dedicated home office space are required.
What you’ll do
- Build a business plan to manage and grow the portfolio.
- Set aggressive regional targets. And then demolish them.
- Identify opportunities and cultivate strategic partnerships that contribute to target and growth objectives.
- Deliver training and coaching to partner Brokers regarding XMC programs, pricing and policies.
- Source intel on market trends and competitors, XMC initiatives and potential growth strategies in line with business objectives.
- Support all aspects of lead generation programs from pre-program planning to data entry and post program follow-up and tracking.
- Assess risk objectively in-line with business objectives and policy.
- Mediate and support relationships between partner Brokers channel and your operations team.
- Identify and attend key events. Some travel may be required.
- Observe corporate policies as they relate to behavior, communication, risk, relationships and personal conduct.
What you’ll need
- Minimum five years of experience in the mortgage industry, preferably with an alternative lender. Business development experience preferred. Proven track record of success surpassing targets and supporting long-term growth.
- Leadership mentality. You’re a self-starter, have a positive attitude and lead by example.
- Effective presentation, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly with grace and grit.
- Understanding of issues relating to the Canadian mortgage industry, including but not limited to: risk management, alternative lending, traditional lending, commercial and residential mortgages, default management etc.
- Strong technical skills and comfort with the usual suspects like Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe, plus experience with CRM and other business-building apps.
- Experience with origination and underwriting applications, such as Finastra Express and Expert, Newton MorWEB/Velocity and ISAAC etc. will be considered an asset.
Thanks for your interest in joining the team! We will contact applicants selected for an interview.
We provide equal opportunities for all applicants and we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that in applying for a position with MCAN, you will be disclosing Personal Information about yourself and consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, storage, transfer and/or processing by MCAN of this Personal Information for all purposes related or incidental to your employment application and our recruitment process.
XMC is proudly owned by MCAN Mortgage Corporation
MCAN Mortgage Corporation (“MCAN”), listed on the TSX under the symbol MKP and is a reporting issuer in all provinces and territories in Canada, qualifies as a mortgage investment corporation (“MIC”) under the Income Tax Act (Canada) (the “Tax Act”). MCAN is regulated by the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions (“OSFI”) and issues term deposits eligible for deposit insurance from the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC”). MCAN also participates in the Canada Mortgage Bonds program, and other securitizations of insured mortgages. Acquired in 2013, XMC Mortgage Corporation (“XMC”) is a Canadian provider of residential mortgages that it originates in Canada. XMC is based in Toronto.
MCAN is a strategic investor in the Canadian real estate market, focused on uninsured single-family mortgages and residential construction loans where we have proven investment expertise. Our exposure to the residential construction market provides in-depth knowledge of the regions that we invest in to support the uninsured single-family portfolio.
Interested candidates may apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org