What Our Business Development Manager Looks Like: The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a motivated individual with a results-oriented attitude who’s primary responsibility is retaining and growing business relationships with mortgage brokers in a defined territory. Our BDMs are “Brand Ambassadors” and can make meaningful connections and trusting relationships through excellent communication and negotiation skills. They are “brand ambassadors” carrying out duties with honesty and integrity.
The following is an outline of this job’s general nature and level of work performed. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required for this role.
- Your top responsibilities will involve Relationship Management, Marketing and Planning
- Perform relationship building activities in a professional manner encouraging open communication and providing the “Optimal Broker Experience”
- Create awareness of Haventree Bank products by training and educating brokers/agents via group presentations as well as “one-on-one” sessions
- Utilize sales and marketing programs to differentiate Haventree Bank that add value to the broker relationship and drive business
- Identify unforeseen needs and opportunities or new brokers/brokerages and construct a plan to address them
- Negotiate with brokers to gain an annual commitment on volume
- Manage broker performance to committed volumes, funding ratios, and any other metrics as determined by Haventree Bank
- Develop an annual strategic territory and account plan
- Create a touch-point strategy to organize work week, appointments and presentations
- Follow up on leads in a timely manner, ensuring we capitalize on the opportunity to increase our customer base
Qualifications: & Attributes:
- You have at least 5 years of sales experience or 2 years underwriting experience, and you’re an Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP)
- You have a thorough knowledge of the mortgage broker network and emerging industry trends
- You always possess a valid driver’s license
- Customer service, communication, presenting and listening skills is your strong suit
- Your creative and innovative and thrive in a tight knit team environment
Your 2019 Performance Will Be Measured On:
- Total amount of successfully funded mortgages on a monthly basis
- Variance to individual expenses budget
- Broker and team member feedback from working with you
Deal Breakers: You don’t have 5 years’ experience in sales or mortgage underwriting in a financial services environment. You don’t excel in fast-paced, changing environments and would prefer working a steady 8 to 5. You’re not interested in making new communications or having to work towards sales targets and performance objectives.
Interested applicants may apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org