The Financing Hub (www.thefinancinghub.com)
Oakville Full Time
The Financing Hub is Canada’s first on-line direct to lender portal for commercial real estate financings. We currently have a unique opportunity for an experienced commercial mortgage underwriter to join the next stage of commercial mortgage delivery.
As a commercial underwriter within our transaction support team (TSS) you will provide underwriting and transaction support to Financing Hub users across Canada. Your experience will be used to analyze commercial mortgage submissions and ensure strong understanding of the partners' and competitors' financing offerings. You will also participate directly in round table discussions as the Financing Hub builds out new lending programs and system analytics that will impact the way commercial underwriting is done going forward.
Are you ready for that kind of challenge?
Product and company
The Financing Hub is Canada’s first digital pathway for commercial real estate financing, What sets the Financing Hub apart is our end to end solution that drives significant efficiencies through the application process, saving both applicants and lenders time and money.
We are bringing elements to commercial real estate financing only digital solutions can.
We are looking for a Commercial Mortgage Underwriter who is energetic, driven and open to innovation.
- Be the first point of contact for users and their submissions coming to the Financing Hub.
- Support a national sales force as they bring on new user-clients and work with those new users to help them gain a better understand of the system and close more deals.
- Adjudicate mortgage applications, assessing risk and ensuring all applications adhere to the quality standards we strive to deliver to our institutional funding partners.
- Be the product expert. As the systems frontline you should be able to highlight all the value-adds and answer any and all questions our users may have.
- Participate with our product development group as we develop new lending programs to address specialized areas of commercial real estate financing as well as act as our in-house industry reference as we build out new aspects of the system that further improve our user experience.
- Staying up to date with industry best practices, regulatory issues and industry trends.
- Some limited travel to industry events as a Company representative.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years experience in commercial real estate underwriting
- Strong understanding of commercial mortgage products
- Proficient in adjudicating credit, reviewing and assessing user submissions
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Post secondary education with a degree in business or relevant experience.
- Valid mortgage agent license is preferred but not essential.
- Ground floor of what could be a game changer for the industry.
- Competitive salary/commission structure.
- Health care and dental plan.
- The ability to put your personal stamp on the positions and those areas of the company as we grow within the industry.
To pursue this exciting and rewarding career opportunity, please include your resume with your response. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in the Financing Hub.