Why Choose First National as a Great Place to Work?
More than 80% of current First National employees indicate that they would recommend First National to a friend as a great place to work. More than 85% of current First National employees indicate that they have trust and confidence in our Senior Leadership team’s ability to achieve our goals!
We are extremely proud to have been awarded the Employer of Choice Award from CMP (Canadian Mortgage Awards) for 2010, 2011, and 2014!
- A professional and team-oriented culture where we recognize each other for our success and work ethic
- A culture dedicated to service, continuous improvement, and efficiency through one of the most efficient paperless processing systems in the industry. This also allows us to do our part for a healthy environment
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities through our Learning Network, lunch and learns, continuing education opportunities, and ongoing opportunities for advancement or promotion
- A comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program including an employer matching RRSP program and Employee Assistance Program
- Three (3) weeks of vacation for a new employee’s for their first full year
- A health and wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Team building and social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through numerous fundraising and charitable activities*Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
We are hiring a Fulfillment Specialist!
- Reporting to: Manager, Third Party Residential Underwriting
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-time
- Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Office Location: Downtown Vancouver
- Job Grade Code: RUWON5A
- Salary: Highly competitive compensation package which Includes, base salary, bonus and benefits
Reporting to the Manager, Third Party Residential Underwriting, the Fulfillment Specialist supports the underwriting and credit decision process by reviewing all required documentation and applying sound due diligence. The Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for escalating any inaccuracies, issues, or items that are incomplete and potentially present risk to the Company.
The Third party Residential Underwriting Division, as a Division of First National Financial provides underwriting expertise and services on behalf of other financial institutions to the Canadian Mortgage Broker channel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with mortgage brokers to build loyalty to the Company
- Maintains positive relationships with external partners such as mortgage insurers, appraisers, title insurance companies, and solicitors
- Interacts with mortgage brokers for the collection of all required documents to satisfy mortgage commitment conditions
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of required documentation related to income, down payment and the property using sound due diligence and in compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines prior to signing off on any mortgage conditions or documents, where applicable
- Escalates any documentation issues to the Underwriter for review and sign off
- Documents clear and complete notes within the mortgage underwriting system
- Responds to all inquiries within established turnaround times
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong aptitude for service excellence
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong communication skills—both written and verbal
- Ability to deal with conflict
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Positive team player
- Fully competent in working with basic PC software and working knowledge of the suite of Microsoft office products
- Ability to manage pressure in an environment of high volume processing with tight turnaround times
External: Mortgage Brokers and Agents, Mortgage Insurers, Appraisers, Solicitors, Title Insurance Companies, Clients and Customers
Internal: Interdepartmental team members to ensure a fluid and transparent First National customer experience
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- Previous experience within Financial Services sector preferred
- Previous experience within Mortgage industry an asset
- Completion of Sub Mortgage and/or FICOM License an asset
Working knowledge of PC software in a Windows environment required.
In accordance with the Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM), if a successful candidate is not already licensed, upon starting with First National, they will be registered for the applicable educational courses and upon successful completion of the exam, First National will register them with FICOM to complete the licensing process.
Working Environment and Physical Demands Analysis
- Office environment
- Periods of high volume with tight timelines
- Long periods of stationary position/sitting
- Prolonged periods of repetitive movement (i.e. using a keyboard and mouse)
- Long periods of time in viewing a computer screen
- Multi-tasking, may include speaking to customers on a telephone call while looking up information on a computer programHow to Apply: If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team in Delivering Service, Creating Solutions, and Building Success, we invite you to apply on-line at: https://www.firstnational.ca/about/careers.
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply.
First National Financial supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require an accommodation due to a disability throughout the recruitment process, including submitting an application or undergoing testing, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.