We are a growing business that enjoys team work and the thrill of taking on new challenges in the Mortgage Industry! Our office is in the heart of downtown Guelph in the beautiful historic building called Lornewood Manor that has deep roots in Guelph’s history. We are all about our clients – planning strategies with them to help achieve financial success while making the mortgage process stress-free.
Purpose of JOB:
The Junior Mortgage Agent position exists to underwrite mortgages, obtain approvals, facilitate mortgage funding, and support the Agents and the Senior Underwriter. The role includes customer service, underwriting, mortgage conditions management, contribution to company goals and processes, and to support administrative duties. This role requires a person who seeks to be a leader in the company to contribute to the customer focused goals, growth and sustainability of the company.
- Customer Service
- Guide the client through the mortgage process, setting expectations, explaining what the next steps are and to keep in constant contact with them.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner to obtain documentation to satisfy conditions
- Host client appointments
- Assess loan attributes and documentation for soundness and accuracy
- Evaluates Debt to Income ratio, Loan to Value ratios, credit score, property valuation and other factors
- Assists in identifying, recommending and negotiating alternative mortgage solutions
- Determine loan conditions and documentation requirements
- Provide input on new or existing Underwriting processes, procedures and approaches to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Continuing education through company and / or industry sponsored classes or seminars
- Develop specialized knowledge of lenders for mortgage options and build lender relationships
- Facilitate the mortgage process for targeted funding dates
- Client File Management
- Maintain accurate notes, emails, tasks, and checklists to track the mortgage process and for FSCO compliance
- Collect and submit all supporting documentation owing from clients or other sources to satisfy lender conditions and ensure they comply with FSCO legislation
- Enter applications into Underwriting software accurately and adjust for ratios as required
- Ordering Appraisals and arranging payments
- Auditing files for accuracy and FSCO compliance requirements
As the Junior Mortgage Assistant you must be able to engage clients in a professional and polite manner. You must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and possess meticulous attention to detail. You must be tenacious, a self-starter, have a proactive mindset, and excellent problem-solving skills. You must have a willingness to learn beyond the role’s defined responsibilities.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of financial services and other job-related industries, including political and economic issues.
- Practical, technical, and theoretical knowledge about the mortgage industry and underwriting acquired through a combination of education, training, and experience.
- Possess, in good standing, a mortgage agent’s licence and be registered under The Mortgage Brokers Act OR be willing to obtain this licence to maintain your position of Junior Mortgage Underwriter.
- Time management skills to prioritize effectively and manage workflow based on multiple factors and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, influential skills, and oral and written communication skills required to be effective in your position.
Interested candidates may apply to: email@example.com