Mortgage Underwriter Position
September 24, 2018
Peter Kinch, an award-winning mortgage broker and best-selling author, is actively looking to fill a full-time job position for a Mortgage Underwriter. This will be an ‘In-house’ position, working out of the Port Moody office. Peter is looking for an experienced and licensed Mortgage Broker who prefers underwriting mortgages as opposed to trying to originate the deals.
The following is a brief description of the job and duties:
- Must have a Mortgage broker’s license
- Willing to work in a small office environment
- You will be expected to interact with both the lenders and the clients but will not be required to originate any broker business should you prefer not to
- Leads will be originated by Peter and handed off to the ‘Underwriter’ to input and package
- Peter will do the original ‘client interaction’ and the underwriter will be expected to have enough industry
- Where to place the deal
- Which BRMs to talk to
- How to input and process the deal
- How to package the appropriate forms
- How to work with Finastra Expert
- An understanding of the TMAC BOSS system is preferable, otherwise a willingness to learn is essential
- Follow up and close
The position will ultimately be commission-based, but a guaranteed base salary is potentially available to the right candidate.
This position is available immediately.
If interested, please respond directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.