MANAGER, MARKET CONDUCT
The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) is a dynamic, new independent board-governed financial services and pension regulator dedicated to serving the public interest, fostering strong, sustainable, competitive and innovative financial services sectors and strengthening non-securities consumer, member and pension plan beneficiary protections in Ontario. FSRA will regulate property and casualty insurance; life and health insurance (including auto insurance rates); credit unions and caisses populaires; loan and trust companies; mortgage brokers; health service providers (related to auto insurance); and pension plans. We are building an agile, forward-thinking and collaborative culture, and FSRA is committed to encouraging innovation and competition, and promoting market integrity and stability. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the regulator of the future as FSRA establishes its organization, develops it policy framework and regulatory and consultative processes, and prepares to assume regulatory functions from other agencies in April 2019.
Job Title: Manager, Market Conduct
Reports to: Director, Market Conduct
Purpose of Position:
Accountable for managing the delivery of Market Conduct compliance related to one or more of the following sectors: Life & Health Insurance, Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance, Mortgage Brokers, Health Service Providers, or other sectors regulated by FSRA in support of overall Market Conduct strategies.
PLEASE NOTE YOUR AREA(S) OF EXPERTISE OR INTEREST VIA COVER LETTER OF THE FOUR SECTORS; LIFE & HEALTH INSURANCE, PROPERTY AND CASUALTY (P&C) INSURANCE, MORTGAGE BROKERS AND/OR HEALTH SERVICE PROVIDERS.
- Manages the delivery of programs or services to regulate Life & Health insurance, P&C insurance, Mortgage Brokers, Health Service Providers (related to auto insurance claims) and other sectors regulated by FSRA; ensuring consistency with overall Market Conduct performance measures, standards, best practices and deliverables.
- As part of the management team, supports FSRA leadership in formulating strategy and developing tactics and provides leadership in executing programs or services to deliver on strategy and tactics.
- Manages day to day operations and oversight of unit programs, services and work areas to meet established overall operational plans and directions of the Market Conduct department.
- Provides regulatory and/or sector level program/service advice and information to section/department management and staff in response to day to day operational matters and makes recommendations related to Market Conduct matters for problem resolution and improved procedures for the delivery of programs or services and provides evidence-based recommendations for change.
- Contributes to strategic and effective support and escalation of conduct matters including, where appropriate, enforcement referrals
- Plans and manages compliance reviews and related internal and external publications.
- Works with Policy staff to develop and refine new or existing policy approaches to effective supervision of regulated sectors
- Manages the unit and its staff to support an environment and culture of service excellence which respects diversity, encourages all employees to work together to achieve results and contribute to a healthy, rewarding and productive working environment where personal and team accountability are key to meeting the mandate of FRSA. Accountable for building a strong team including: hiring, orienting, training and coaching of staff, determination of performance standards, conduct of performance reviews and management of performance and employee relations matter.
- Works with the Director in operational planning and reporting on performance metrics, program effectiveness, and impacts related to unit matters. Recommends approval of financial transactions to the Director.
- Supports critical change and a new collaborative, forward thinking culture within the unit, and works with others to achieve this across the section or department.
- Promotes and supports the implementation of innovation and continuous improvement throughout the unit and department.
- Leads and/or participates on projects within the department to represent the unit’s interests in program or service matters.
- Manages relationships and consultation with stakeholders impacted by unit programs and operations to respond to program or service related inquiries and seek feedback on program or service needs.
- Works in collaboration with colleagues on operational matters in support of department priorities.
Education and Experience
- Degree in law, accounting, commerce, business administration, engineering, mathematics, public policy or a related field or a combination of a College diploma with extensive related work experience
- 4 – 6 years’ experience working in or regulating companies in one or more of the following sectors: life and health insurance, property and casualty insurance, mortgage brokers, health service providers, and/or other sectors regulated by FSRA.
- Relevant industry experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Skills and ability to manage change for a new organizational culture and vision.
- Skilled in managing work processes, adapt procedures and provide optimum services and programs or equivalent skills and experience
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Knowledge of, and skills in regulatory risk assessment and management principles in relation to sectors regulated by FSRA
- Skilled in leading stakeholder management and consultation.
Effort – Physical/Sensory Demands
Work involves minimal physical effort normally associated with a corporate office environment. There is flexibility to change work activities, take a break or alter work position.
- Normal office environment with no unusual or unpleasant conditions, with periods of high demands requiring long hours.
Interested candidates can contact: Huston.Loke@fsrao.ca