Edison Financial is a startup being spun out of an existing profitable lending business. We are looking for an experienced mortgage agent to join our team, and redefine how mortgages are originated in Canada.
Why is this an amazing opportunity?
Edison’s mission is to provide Canadian homeowners with a fair, transparent and modern mortgage experience when the banks won’t. In doing so, Edison is changing the way Canadians can get a mortgage: leave the confusing, cumbersome paper based process behind, and help us deliver a consistent digital experience, starting with private mortgages.
What can you expect?
You will receive client leads from our site, TrustEd.ca, using a modern loan origination platform that minimizes document management. This allows you to focus on providing an exceptional client experience. No more excel files, PDF’s, HP Calculators and emails! We are closely integrated with a few private lenders which allows us to submit deals digitally and generate all documents.
Working as part of a high functioning team, you will also be able to maintain a reasonable work/life balance.
This is a great opportunity for someone currently working as a Mortgage Underwriter or Broker, looking for a more dynamic opportunity. Our ideal candidate is a highly intelligent, resourceful and self-motivated individual with a strong financial aptitude and excellent customer service skills.
- Taking inbound leads, online, by phone, or in person and converting these to closed mortgage applications
- Helping design digital processes that will streamline the origination process over time
- Working closely with our lending partners to ensure a smooth mortgage process
- Providing insight and thought to continuously improve the customer experience
- Handling customer complaints, should they arise
- Maintaining your broker license, and possibly that of the brokerage
- Other duties as assigned
- At least two years licensed as a mortgage broker in BC or a comparable jurisdiction within the last 4 years
- Mortgage Sales experience and skill
- Experience calling and must be comfortable on the phone
- Excellent command of the English language
- Great understanding of underwriting rules and processes
- Strong ability to handle objections about interest rates, a broker's value, etc.
- Bonus: Proficient in French or an alternative second language
- 100% ethical and of high integrity
- Self-motivated, self-starter
- Analytical: You can breakdown complex information for our clients
- Resourceful: You may not have all the answers, but you know how to get them
- Proactive: You are never idle and love being busy
- Positive attitude: We have a great culture want to preserve it
Please note we will only be accepting applications through the following link where you will complete our candidate assessment and upload your resume and cover letter: http://bit.ly/2f2dmgP