A Brighter Financial Future!
Fisgard Asset Management Corporation is a client-focused, independent Mortgage Investment Manager as well as an Exempt Market Dealer. Fisgard commenced business in 1994 and has grown to become one of Canada’s most respected mortgage investment managers specifically focused on Mortgage Investment Corporations (MICs). Fisgard is the manager of Fisgard Capital Corporation and Fisgard Capital II Corporation, and distributes the securities of FCC and FCIIC in various provinces of Canada pursuant to their offering memoranda.
Our company was named after Fisgard Lighthouse which was built in 1860 in Esquimalt Harbour in Victoria. Fisgard Lighthouse symbolizes security, stability and vision – qualities we believe in and feel are important to our investors. Primarily an equity lender, Fisgard arranges flexible and creative residential and commercial private mortgage solutions for borrowers from BC to Ontario. Fisgard mortgage products range from residential 1st and 2nd second mortgages to multi-million dollar commercial, construction and mezzanine loans.
Fisgard recognizes that our most valuable assets are our employees. We offer continued growth and career advancement and reward employees for their efforts and achievements. As we position ourselves to build our company for the future we are seeking a new member of our Mortgage Investment team.
Located in beautiful Victoria BC, Fisgard offers mortgage investment products through Mortgage Brokers to borrowers from British Columbia to Ontario. Fisgard Asset Management Corporation is also a mortgage brokerage, administrator and is registered in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario.
As a Mortgage Investment Specialist, you will be reporting to the Mortgage Portfolio Manager. As part of a team, you will lead and administer a portfolio of mortgage investments throughout their lifecycle (origination, payments, maturity and renewal).
You will be responsible for these activities being is in accordance with established policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements. Additional areas of focus are ensuring mortgage investment portfolio growth, risk mitigation, revenue generation and meeting defined goals.
Support the Mortgage Portfolio Manager by:
- Receiving, primarily from external Mortgage Brokers new mortgage investment applications
- Analyzing and determining if applications meet the criteria for mortgage investment
- Managing the mortgage through its lifecycle with our mortgage investment software system
- Determine interest rates and fees to be charged on the residential mortgage loan
- Craft loan and closing documentation
- Negotiate mortgage renewals within the portfolios of the company
- Communicate directly with mortgage brokers to promote the company and its products at all times
- Responding to client inquiries in a timely, responsive and approachable manner
- Reviewing processes and implementing improvements to the client experience, add value and enhance efficiencies
- Using strong knowledge of the Fisgard’s products and services to ensure client needs are understood, documented and satisfied
- Actively listening and seeking client feedback on products, services and the delivery of client experience
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the broker and borrowers’ needs
- Work closely with the Business Development Team in strengthening and building business opportunities
- Utilize mortgage investment CRM tools
- Minimize exposure to risk by maintaining awareness and compliance with all procedures, regulatory activities, offering memoranda requirements and guidelines
- Escalating, documenting and reporting any unusual occurrences, suspicious or fraudulent activities, as per established procedures
- Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various internal and external stakeholders
- Actively participating and contributing to coaching sessions and team meetings
- The nature of a candidate’s experience can range from entry level to expert level experience.
- Ability to uphold high quality of client service and product knowledge to both internal and external clients
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills & client service skills
Preference will be given to candidates with a:
- Post-secondary education in Business or related field
- Experience in mortgage broker/underwriter role
- Mortgage Broker License
- Networking, client acquisition and interpersonal skills
- Practical skills and knowledge of Investment sales and client management techniques including prospecting
- Knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, economic conditions, and the regulatory environment
Fisgard Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunities commensurate with skills and experience
- Great health benefits, RRSP matching programs and recognition programs
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in Fisgard events that help our community
Application Deadline: June 15th, 2018
Please send a cover letter and resume with “Mortgage Investment Specialist” in the subject line to either:
E-mail – email@example.com or Online – fisgard.com/careers