CMLS Financial is looking for a Mortgage Retention Specialist to join our growing Toronto Residential team. The Mortgage Retention Specialist will act as the key point of contact for borrower retention and speaks to our customers who are considering options such as converting, early renewing, refinancing and porting their mortgage. The Mortgage Retention Specialist will provide expert knowledge and proactive advice on our range of residential mortgage products, with a focus on understanding client needs and providing exceptional customer service. This position requires that all customer contact be by telephone, email or fax. The Mortgage Retention Specialist is required to act in a timely manner and follow all guidelines set out internally.
Initially this will be a salaried role, with the potential for it to move to a base + commission compensation structure. Normal hours of operation are from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, however, you must be able to exercise flexibility with working hours and can be asked to work later hours when necessary. We require flexibility to work any shift within our call centre hours of operation from 8:30 am to 8:00 pm should scheduling changes occur in the future.
- Handle inbound and outbound calls for our existing mortgage customers regarding their mortgage needs and identify retention opportunities
- Identify and respond to leads pertaining to mid-term liquidations
- Contact borrowers who have requested a transfer or payout of their mortgage, and those who have been identified as initiating a potential trigger event associated with a possible payout in the future
- Identify customer needs and requirements while focusing on their priorities to ensure they receive the best advice
- Provide mortgage solutions by employing a thorough knowledge of all CMLS Financial products available
- Use good judgment to appropriately utilize all tools and resources available to retain customers
- Obtain the application, review credit and any required documentation to submit to underwriting for approval
- Follow up on any outstanding conditions until deal completion
- Determine penalties and other calculations with complete accuracy
- Provide feedback to managers regarding customer comments and market intel/analysis to support decision making
- Effectively manage mid-term liquidation mortgage leads and ensure a high level of client retention
- Maintain thorough and accurate records pertaining to retention efforts
- Achieve or exceed established retention targets
- Provide status updates; follow-up for necessary documentation and reporting
- Complete other mortgage administration duties as required
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Exercise tact and diplomacy within daily operations; ensure a high level of service excellence at all times
This role is for you if:
- You have completed an undergraduate degree in one of the following concentrations: finance, business administration, real estate or a related field
- You have prior mortgage experience and 2+ years of Sales experience, preferably within a financial services environment
- You have successfully completed the Provincial Mortgage Agent Course or willingness to complete the Course immediately upon hire
- You have intermediate experience using Microsoft Office suite products
- You have strong customer service skills that help build relationships resulting in high client satisfaction and retention
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to work well independently as well as within a team environment
- You have strong mathematical skills
- You demonstrate professionalism, good judgement and integrity in daily operations
We want to hear from you!
If you are confident that you would be a strong asset to our team, submit both a cover letter and resume HERE! Be sure to tell us why you believe yourself to be a perfect fit! We thank all applicants for their time in applying, however we will only contact those selected for an interview. Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.