Why Choose First National as a Great Place to Work?
More than 80% of current First National employees indicate that they would recommend First National to a friend as a great place to work. More than 85% of current First National employees indicate that they have trust and confidence in our Senior Leadership team’s ability to achieve our goals!
We are extremely proud to have been awarded the Employer of Choice Award from CMP (Canadian Mortgage Awards) for 2010, 2011, and 2014!
- A professional and team-oriented culture where we recognize each other for our success and work ethic
- A culture dedicated to service, continuous improvement, and efficiency through one of the most efficient paperless processing systems in the industry. This also allows us to do our part for a healthy environment
- Career advancement and professional development opportunities through ourLearning Network, lunch and learns, continuing education opportunities, and ongoing opportunities for advancement or promotion
- A comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits program including an employer matching RRSP program and Employee Assistance Program
- Three (3) weeks of vacation for a new employee’s for their first full year
- A health and wellness program and discounted gym memberships
- Team building and social events where employees are given the opportunity to have fun, relax and network with each other
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through numerous fundraising and charitable activities
*Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employmentWe are hiring a Mortgage Specialist! Reporting To: Manager, Mortgage Specialist Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time Posting Date: (01/24/2019) Closing Date: (02/07/2019) Hours of Work: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Office Location: Downtown Toronto Salary Highly competitive compensation package which Includes, base salary, bonus and benefits.
The Mortgage Specialist is responsible for the retention of existing clients through renewals, early renewals and saves.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all incoming calls from the department queue regarding early renewals, maturing accounts and discharge requests
- Retention of accounts which are discharging due to a switch or sale of property
- Solicit to retain First National customers (inbound and outbound)
- Sell of Creditor Security Plan (CSP) and Home Warranty programs
- Speak with client’s that are requesting an early renewal for lower interest rates or debt consolidation
- Utilize technology to aid the mortgage process
- Accountable for retention percentages
Skills and Attributes:
- Must possess good communication skills on the telephone and when interacting with internal First National departments and business partners
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Shift work would be required to support volume as required
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent work experience required
- Previous inbound / outbound sales experience
- Previous inbound/outbound sales experience
- Knowledge of mortgage underwriting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of mortgage and other debt products to ensure quality First National customer service
In accordance with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), if a successful candidate is not already licensed, upon starting with First National, they will be registered for the applicable educational courses and upon successful completion of the exam, First National will register them with FSCO to complete the licensing process.
Core Competencies for all First National Employees:
- Client Focus—we have an unwavering commitment for service excellence
- Team Orientation—we work together efficiently and are proud of our culture
- Respect for Others—we value the diversity of our people and we promote a respectful workplace
Working Environment and Physical Demands Analysis
- Office environment
- Periods of high volume with tight timelines
- Long periods of stationary position/sitting
- Prolonged periods of repetitive movement (i.e. using a keyboard and mouse)
- Long periods of time in viewing a computer screen
- Multi-tasking, may include speaking to customers on a telephone call while looking up information on a computer program
How to Apply: If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team in Delivering Service, Creating Solutions, and Building Success, we invite you to apply on-line at: https://www.firstnational.ca/about/careers
We value a diverse workforce and invite all interested and qualified applicants to apply.
First National Financial supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require an accommodation due to a disability throughout the recruitment process, including submitting an application or undergoing testing, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest.
Please be advised only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.