Position: Mortgage Underwriter
Company: Magenta Capital Corporation
Tomorrow will come…whether we plan for it or just let it happen. Our tomorrows become our yesterdays and a life is ultimately a succession of yesterdays that can no longer be changed.
If you believe that tomorrow matters, that you and only you can define your tomorrows and write your own unique, epic life story. If you want to be part of a dynamic team with that shared conviction. If you want to be part of a Canadian business success story. If you want to be an owner and not just an employee, then we want to meet you.
Magenta is one of Canada’s oldest and largest Mortgage Investment Corporation (MIC) managers. Magenta sources, underwrites and manages a portfolio of mortgages, secured by properties located in Eastern and Southwestern Ontario. Most importantly, Magenta is poised to make a giant leap forward in its corporate evolution as it takes advantage of the generational opportunity in the alternative mortgage market. If you are a dynamic professional with an entrepreneurial spirit that wants to be an integral part of this unique opportunity, then we want to meet you.
About Underwriting at Magenta
As a member of the Mortgage Origination Team, the Mortgage Underwriter adjudicates mortgage applications received from our broker partners. The objective of the Mortgage Underwriter is to identify and process applications that meet Magenta’s mortgage asset quality standards, while at the same time optimizing new advances volume and achieving portfolio yield objectives.
We’re looking for an underwriter with experience working in fast-growing, entrepreneurial environments. The position requires the ability to make consistent and objective risk assessments as part of a high-volume, deadline-driven team.
What you’ll work on:
- Adjudicating mortgage applications against internally-defined criteria
- Negotiating loan terms to meet the needs of the borrower while following internal risk-tolerance guidelines
- Working with our broker partners to ensure accuracy and completeness of applications
- Ensuring compliance with privacy, anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and anti-fraud policies
- Recommending applications for approval and issuing mortgage commitments
- Facilitating the hand-off of committed files to the Funding Team
- Collaborating with product management to support the development of new products and services, while actively identifying improvements to existing offerings
- Supporting the development of workflows and procedures for the Mortgage Origination Team
What you should have:
- Experience in an underwriting, banking or related financial services role
- Experience applying corporate guidelines and policies to your everyday work
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills given the need to optimally manage key relationships with our mortgage broker partners
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP) designation an asset
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Ability to remain professional and courteous with customers at all times
- An understanding of the Mortgage Brokers Act
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Proficiency with Isaac and/or Filogix underwriting software would be an asset
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to be a key contributor to our unfolding success story
- The opportunity to build a bright tomorrow for you and your family
- The opportunity to think outside the box - every day
- Magenta’s Employee Share Ownership Plan (“ESOP”)
- Compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications
If you are committed to tomorrow, please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
Magenta welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
While we thank all candidates who apply, only those who best match the above criteria will be contacted.