We are looking for a motivated licensed Mortgage Agent or Broker with underwriting experience to join our team!
You will be working along with Ranjit Dhaliwal (President & Broker of Record). Ranjit is a successful mortgage broker with 25 years experience in the industry. He is also an investor, developer and co-founder of the Canadian Real Estate Investment Club or CREIC.
Ranjit regularly appears on CBC, BNN, CP24, CHIN Radio, and CTV. He has been quoted in over thirty publications across Canada on his expertise on the Canadian mortgage and real estate markets.
Many of the industry’s top lenders have approached Ranjit for their broker advisory boards, including CMHC, Street Capital, Equitable Trust, and MCAP.
Follow-up with clients who have inquired about getting a mortgage and pre-qualify them via Telephone-Assessment
Enter Application on to Filogix
Underwrite Broker's Loan Applications and Submit to Lender
Review / Analyze credit and financial data
Determine borrower suitability, financing objectives and goals
Present Financial Solution/Options
Supervise Agents activities and monitor sales targets
On behalf of the Broker and not limited to the following:
Ensure that files close on time and are Broker complete as per FSCO guidelines and Broker satisfaction (detailed Form Checklist provided) and exceed client expected level of service requirement.
Assist Broker with all areas of office duties, including auditing previously closed files, ensure all documentation and disclosures comply with FSCO regulations, reconcile fees billed with amounts received from lenders and clients and help with keeping the office environment clean and tidy.
Excellent understanding of FSCO Regulations for Mortgage Sector and assist in updating Processes and Procedures.
What we Offer:
- Salary + Commission (base salary starting at $50,000-$72,000 CAD - based on experience)
- We provide you with 3-5 NEW leads daily
- Direct access to ALL lenders in the broker channel
- Ongoing training
Skills You Must Have:
- Mortgage Agent License (Ontario)
- 2+ years of experience as a Mortgage Agent/Broker OR Underwriter
- Experience with 'B' type mortgages and Private Lending
- Familiarity with Filogix, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative to follow-up with potential customers
- Ability to speak Punjabi, Hindi or Urdu an asset
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
This is a Full-Time position. (Monday to Friday 9:30am-5:30pm)
If this role sounds like you, please apply online with your most recent resume along with a cover letter indicating why you would be a great fit.