Home Capital Group Inc., together with its operating subsidiary Home Trust Company, has developed a track record of success as Canada’s leading alternative lender, employing nearly 800 people in our Toronto headquarters and branches across the country. Building on the demonstrated strength of our core residential and commercial mortgage lending business, the Company and its affiliates also offer complementary lending services and competitive deposit investment products through Oaken Financial and Home Bank. Our culture has been shaped by the passion and integrity of our people.
We are looking to hire Mortgage Underwriters with experience in prime A lending, as we continue to grow as Canada's top mortgage provider.
The Mortgage Underwriting business unit adjudicates all residential mortgage applications to actively support business objectives within prime lending. Driving quality and process efficiency, this group will ensure thorough judgement in compliance with the Company’s legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as internal policies, guidelines and procedures while fostering a culture of respect, trust and integrity.
Risk and Compliance (40%)
- Make prudent credit decisions on complex mortgage files
- Receive, review, analyze and verify mortgage applications for completeness, accuracy, suitability and risk to ensure compliance with all aspects of Home Trust Company’s underwriting policies, procedures and guidelines per delegated authority matrices
- Adhere to applicable compliance obligations including Privacy, Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and internal Anti-Fraud Policy requirements
- File Unusual Transaction Reports as applicable to fulfil individual employee obligations to detect and deter financial crimes activity. Maintain consistent, objective and sound risk assessments in a high volume, service-oriented environment
File Management (40%)
- Negotiate loan terms to meet interests of the client and Home Trust’s risk tolerance
- Review files and recommend mortgage deals for final approval; Maintain accurate information and detailed notes on applications
- Prepare and issue conditional mortgage commitments outlining all conditions that must be met to Home Trust’s satisfaction
- Issue mortgage commitment according to negotiated and approved terms
- Review completeness and quality of file documentation prepared by Originations prior to funding
- Adhere to defined Service Level Agreement in acknowledging applications and following up on additional required information
- Work effectively with all internal business partners to underwriting quality transactions and provide a high level of service
- Remain current on latest developments within industry and market trends to secure competitive advantage
- Post secondary degree or diploma required (University degree preferred)
• 3-5 years with mortgage lending as A-lending
• Strong understanding of residential mortgage products
• Proficient in adjudicating credit
• Familiarity with underwriting insured mortgages
- Some work beyond standard hours
- Bilingualism an asset
All employees of Home Capital Group Inc. must comply with all applicable Home Capital Group Inc, Home Trust Company, and specific Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls. Additionally, all employees are obligated to become familiar with Home’s risk management framework and understand the operational risk management requirements within their specific business. Employees are also expected to understand and comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct & Ethics Policy at all times and escalate any issues or concerns through various reporting channels (i.e. Ombudsman, Compliance Hotline, Whistleblower Policy, etc).
Interested candidates may apply to: email@example.com