CMLS Financial, one of Canada’s largest mortgage lenders and technology innovators, is currently seeking a Residential Mortgage Renewal Specialist to be part of a brand new team within the organization. Since our establishment of the Residential Division in 2013, we have achieved the highest first year-volume for a non-bank start-up in Canadian history and we are now ready to establish our renewals team! We are seeking a motivated self-starter who is not satisfied with the status quo and is ready to take ownership of, recommend and build out procedures to execute on our growing book of business and to truly have an impact on increasing our customer base and assets under administration exceeding 15 billion. The Renewal Specialist will act as the key point of contact for our customers who are considering options such as renewing, early renewing, converting and paying out their mortgage, while providing expert knowledge and proactive advice on our range of residential mortgage products, with a focus on understanding client needs and providing exceptional customer service.
Our successful candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage their time effectively while completing high quality work in a fast paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for an emerging customer service/ sales professional or an experienced residential mortgage professional ready to take on a hybrid role of sales and administration with the; opportunity to grow a long, rewarding career with us in business development/ sales, underwriting or retention. If you are eager to learn, want to have an impact on our business growth using your strong communication skills, this position is for you!
In this role, you will:
- Act as the first point of contact for our base of maturing mortgage customers via outbound calls to proactively and positively promote renewing their mortgages by achieving or exceeding established renewal targets;
- Identify and respond to potential renewal leads with customers directly, continuing to build our book of business;
- Recognize customer needs and requirements while focusing on their priorities to ensure they receive the best advice regarding CMLS’ residential mortgage products and services;
- Work with the Team Lead on complex mortgage escalations and penalties, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy;
- Provide feedback to managers regarding customer comments and market intel/analysis to support decision making ;
- Effectively manage both maturing and mid-term liquidation mortgage leads and ensure a high level of client renewals;
- Maintain thorough and accurate customer records pertaining to the renewal process;
- Liaise with other internal and external stakeholders including the retention, sales, risk and servicing teams and broker channels to complete other mortgage servicing/administration duties as required; and
- Work effectively with the renewal and retention teams to exercise tact and diplomacy within daily operations; ensure a high level of service excellence at all times.
This role is for you if:
- You have completed an undergraduate degree in one of the following concentrations: finance, business administration, real estate or a related field is preferred;
- You have 2+ years of sales or customer service experience, preferably within a financial services environment. Experience in a call centre , collections or residential mortgage position is considered a strong asset;
- You have successfully completed the Provincial Mortgage Agent Course or willingness to complete the Course immediately upon hire;
- You have intermediate skills in Microsoft applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint;
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to work well independently as well as within a team environment; and
- You possess a high attention to detail, accuracy and adherence to established policy and guidelines.
Meet your team!
Reporting to the National Manager, Retention and working closely with the SVP, Business Development, you will be joining a hardworking and dynamic team of mortgage specialists. At CMLS Financial, our Residential team loves the versatility that the role affords:
“There are many opportunities for growth with CMLS. Management encourages innovative thinking, professional development and collaborative teamwork. With growth, comes many opportunities to enrich your abilities while working on a wide range of projects.”- Residential Risk
“Our retention team is about more than just keeping clients. To have a direct influence on not only ensuring we maintain our book of business, but also in assisting our clients meet their financial goals and purchase a home for themselves and their families is deeply rewarding.”- Residential Origination
“This is a close, energetic team that thrives on helping customers make the right mortgage decisions for them. This blend of service, sales and underwriting makes it an engaging and exciting place to work.”- Residential Servicing
Who are we?
We are Canada’s Mortgage Company. Founded in 1974, CMLS Financial is one of Canada’s largest, independently owned mortgage services companies. Over 40 years, 10 000 customers and 15 billion in assets. Business is booming, which means our employees get valuable exposure, new learning opportunities, and can truly have an impact on our business. We are committed to providing our people with a challenging and rewarding career because our employees set us apart and we know it.
Why you should work for us?
Employees tell us that they love that we strike the balance in creating an incredibly professional, yet dynamic and enjoyable corporate culture. We work in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is supportive of energetic and motivated individuals who pride themselves on being flexible and results-drive. We are committed to providing our people with a challenging and rewarding career because our employees are what set us apart and we know it.