We have an opportunity for a Senior Associate, Commercial Mortgage Funding to join our team in Vancouver, to assist the Manager with funding and daily portfolio administration.
- Fund new loans for Canada and the US in accordance with policy and procedures and ensure that the mortgage security reflects the approved business plan.
- Review Underwriting Transaction Reports prepared by the Credit Risk & Underwriting team and escalate potential risks to the Manager.
- Review Canadian and US loan documents and highlight items requiring further negotiations and/or approvals prior to sign-off by the Manager.
- Interface with internal and external partners (solicitors, insurance consultants, loan sharing partners) to close and syndicate loan transactions.
- Apply and provide guidance on internal Anti-Money Laundering/Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing policies and procedures to internal interested parties and generate Politically Exposed Person reports.
- Review personal net worth statements and ensure credit reports coincide with declared net worth.
- Review mortgage security prior to preparing a formal written request to send to the Mortgage Custodian for execution.
- Participate in funding meetings to identify future reporting / events required to be captured.
- Archive all documents to be communicated to internal and external parties, including preparation of engagement letters, funding letters, and ensuring all condition precedent items, are fulfilled, prior to releasing funds.
- Identify events of default and recommend appropriate remedial action in normal course of business.
- Work with the Manger to increase portfolio awareness of potential risks and future follow up items.
- Administer construction loans and monthly loan advances. Review and interpret Quantity Survey reports and highlight anomalies.
- Maintain and monitor a portfolio of loans without proper insurance coverage and escalates potential concerns to the Manager.
- Identify areas of process improvement and work with the Manager on implementation.
- Oversee the preparation of paid out files to send to off-site storage.
Qualifications and Experience:
You have an Undergraduate Degree or Diploma and a minimum of 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in finance or commercial banking. You have a Mortgage Broker License, or will obtain one within your first 9 months of employment.
Additional requirements include:
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to balance multiple priorities and a high volume workload, in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focused.
- Ability to work both quickly and accurately and with attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of Real Estate and Finance.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a leader in the real estate finance industry, positioned for continued rapid growth. We offer a competitive salary, performance based bonus and employee benefits package, including tuition reimbursement. Our office is LEED Gold certified, with access to a fully equipped gym, changing facilities and a bike lock-up. Please send your resume and cover letter to www.trezcapital.com/the-company/careers/. Please include Senior Associate, Commercial Mortgage Funding in the title of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will only be contacting selected candidates for follow-up.