The Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario is looking for Senior Compliance Officers with experience in the following sectors to join its Market Conduct Division.
Please indicate clearly on your application which sector best suits your skills and qualifications.
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR COMPLIANCE OFFICER
BARGAINING UNIT: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
JOB CODE: 20209 – Financial Officer 5
SALARY RANGE: $1,394.29 - $1,790.26 Per Week
JOB TERM: 3 Permanent + 1 Temporary
HOURS OF WORK SCHEDULE: 3.7 - 36.25 per week
WORK LOCATION: 5160 Yonge Street, North York
POSTING DATE: November 22, 2019
CLOSING DATE: December 6, 2019 11:59pm EST
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
As a member of our Market Conduct Team, you will provide team and project leadership to Compliance Officers, responsible for the conduct of independent compliance examinations, field inspections and desk reviews of financial service institutions and intermediaries in all sectors regulated by FSRA.
Additional duties will include:
- Leading Compliance teams and/or independently performing desk or on-site market conduct reviews, business inspections, or examinations of financial service sectors to assess company corporate governance structures, policies, business and codes of conduct for compliance with FSRA legislation and regulations, viability of business operations and standards.
- Developing project objectives, plans, priorities and timelines and allocating tasks to team members.
- Monitoring and controlling the examination/project process for project quality and progress, issues resolution and project deliverables.
- Leading and/or conducting the unit’s higher profile, special or sensitive reviews and discussing legal precedent and compliance issues with Legal Counsel.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to financial institutions and intermediaries and to information to the public and industry representatives on the interpretation and application of market conduct or prudential compliance legislation, regulations, policies and business standards.
- Providing input to Market Conduct procedures, processes and standards and new revised legislation/policies.
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in market conduct review, analysis and assessment principles, practices and regulatory tools and techniques and financial institution or intermediary business operations.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulation is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and expertise in accounting and internal audit theory, principles. practices and industry audit standards and expert financial analysis skills.
- Expert knowledge of, and expertise in risk-based regulatory principles, standards and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services industry and current developments in at least one of the regulated financial services sectors as well as developments in national and international financial services regulatory standards.
- Proven planning, project leadership and team leadership skills to provide technical leadership, direction and guidance to team members.
- Skills/ability to interpret and apply legislation in support of market conduct reviews, assessments and findings.
- Demonstrated research, risk assessment, analytical, problem solving skills
- Proven written communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service, consultation and stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Travel across Ontario may be required
Interested candidates may submit applications to: Ann.Steckles@fsrao.ca
FSRA is committed to ensuring equity in employment. Our goal is to create a diverse, inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to ensure our services and communications are accessible to all individuals. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
NOTE: ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED