MCAP at a Glance
Joining MCAP means you will be a part of our diverse workforce of highly talented individuals who are recognized for their expertise and success! At MCAP, your professional expertise, commitment to teamwork and passion for service excellence are recognized and rewarded with competitive total rewards offering, a career with continuous learning and development (formal & informal training), and exciting opportunities in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
This position is responsible for underwriting, processing and approving mortgage applications from a variety of sources including Broker, Direct and Third party from all MCAP brands. This role will be accountable for building solid relationships with referral sources, to ensure volume, asset quality and profitability targets are met.
- Verify information on application and with the Credit Bureau to ensure accuracy.
- Verify information to make sure it meets company guidelines and external lender guidelines/insurer (CMHC & Genworth).
- Contact the broker/client for additional information or clarification in order to decision the deal effectively.
- Adjudicate information presented and address any discrepancies or inconsistencies.
- Verify data viewed to ensure it meets company guidelines.
- Document the deal and write up rationale to support recommendation for approval .
- Condition the deal in accordance with the recommendation for approval.
- Delivers quick and creative mortgage solutions in order to structure files in order to meet company guidelines.
- Respond to questions or concerns from all clients with the intent to build/maintain relationships
- Provide all clients with mortgage options to assist in making an informed decision.
- Maintain a 9-hour turnaround time on applications
- Respond to questions and concerns received from clients via email, fax or portal discussion within 4 hours of receipt to ensure timely and accurate completion of each mortgage transaction.
- Maintain a 24-hour turnaround time for documentation review including the timely and accurate update of all systems.
Communication with Brokers/Clients
- Negotiate applications or marginal deals
- Build the business with the broker/client in order to increase the portfolio and closing percentages
- Review all high risk documentation pertaining to adjudication and approval of loan
- Mitigate potential risks identified on documentation by Document Specialist.
- Clear all conditions and associated system tasks.
- Review and educate Document Specialist on the different types fulfillment documentation
- Communicate to manager or corporate program any knowledge or suggestions to aid in the continuous improvement of the business
Check for Understanding
- Complete any required Checks for Understanding with a passing grade
- Failure to successfully achieve the required passing grade after 2 attempts will result in immediate probation and failure to pass a third test 30 days from the second test will result in Employment at risk.
What You Bring To The Team
- Five year underwriting experience
- Knowledge of Real estate and covenant assessments, legislation and land title systems in all provinces preferred
- Knowledge of Legislation (e.g. Mortgage Act) regarding risk related mortgage law preferred
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to negotiate effectively with intermediaries
- Ability to understand financial statements and assess financial viability
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to foster relationships
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-driven, motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Carries out duties with integrity and takes responsibility for actions.
- University Degree/College Diploma, preferable
- Accredited Mortgage Professional (AMP)
- Completion of Mortgage Agent course to satisfy provincial regulatory requirements
- Completion of internal audit’s credit adjudication process
Languages used in the Role
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent mortgage finance companies in Canada, then we want to hear from you! Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org